I have lots of projects nearing its completion, but not quite there yet. At least the hat is finished!
I already posted about the yarn I am using – handspun BFL. I had a rough idea what kind of hat I wanted. Then I came across Stephen West’s Botanic Hat. I must admit I did not get the pattern. The hat was easy enough to deconstruct. Or rather, just look at the picture, use the stitch and make up the rest.
We live in a fairly cold climate (at least in the winter months) and single brim doesn’t do us any good. Therefore I made a double brim (provisional cast on, knit double the length of the brim, fold in half and knit current stitches with the provisional stitches). I also started on only 88 sts on US5 so that the brim is snug. The crown of the hat is knit over 96 stitches in slipped stitch pattern. The photo on top shows the reverse side.
And my little one happily posing for me while reading a book
More details, such as needle size and yardage are on my Ravelry page.
It’s FO friday at tami’s amis. Go check her out!